Every penny of registration costs are put towards event expenditure with the aim of giving participants the best experience we can but at the best possible value.
Without the support of volunteers this event simply would not happen. Volunteers help with all different aspects of the event, from promoting to admin, from registering participants on the day to manning checkpoints and all of them provide as much support as they can for our wonderful participants.
Volunteers are needed throughout the weekend of the Hike from
2pm Friday until 2pm Sunday
Please ensure you note on your registration the days and times you are available over this period so we can ensure you are placed correctly
The benefits of Volunteering
The benefits of being a Volunteer are not just for the event and the general community, but also for the volunteers themselves. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and meet a variety of people from all walks of life.
Being a volunteer you can see behind the scenes of events, get closer to the action and play a active role in making the event possible.
Other benefits include:
You will get to see the stunning Highland countryside
Make new friends, meet with old ones and chat to like-minded people
Have a fun day (or night!) outdoors
Get satisfaction and social gratitude of helping others
Hands on work experience for younger people
Great way to help the Armed Forces and Local Community
A feel good factor after helping a good cause
Sharing your skills and experience with others
Making a difference to the lives of others
Do work that is inspiring and rewarding
Gaining confidence and self esteem
Joining in and working as a team
What we need volunteers for
There are so many roles that volunteers can do over the event weekend. Here are some roles you could do to name a few:
- Checkin in all participants with their documents prior to the start of the event
- Distribute Participant Packs
- Assist with arrivals such as directing traffic to parking, showing each person where to pitch their tent, where facilities are etc.
- At checkpoints to support participants, check them in and direct them to ensure they know where all facilities are.
- Ensure all participants passing through checkpoints or waterpoints are given food, drink and plenty of support and encouragement.
- Check finishers in ensuring participants are scanned to gain their walk times and giving out medals
- Ensure the route and base camp are kept clean, tidy and all rubbish disposed of in bins, all supplies stocked up
- Check regularly that other volunteers and participants are ok and have what they need,
- Help when and where possible.
- Take other volunteers from checkpoints or water points to where they are needed.
- 4x4 drivers may be called upon to collect a participant or volunteers off the hill at an inaccesable place for a normal car.
- Transports supplies to and from locations
There are also many other roles prior to and after the event which include
- Route Prep/Clean Up
What you need to Volunteer
No previous experience is required.
Some age restrictions apply see FAQ's for more information.
All you need to do is simply complete the Volunteer Registration Form. Once you register your interest we will liaise with you to confirm details.
There will be plenty of support for you throughout the event should you need it.
You will be given instruction and all equipment will be provided for you.
Your food and drink will also be supplied and a pitch to camp should you need it. Please be advised we do NOT supply tents, sleeping bags etc for camping so please ensure your bring your own.
THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON